Content

Tapion (Hirudegarn) [Sleepless Hero]

Dokkan Battle Newsn
[Limitless Growth] SS2 Caulifla: Rating and Tips!
update 21/12/2017
Tapion (Hirudegarn) [Sleepless Hero]
Max Lvl 120
Cost42
RarityUR
TypeSAGL
Icon"icon"
*Z Awoken

Rating: A-

[Sleepless Hero] Tapion (Hirudegarn) is an excellent tank and, after his Passive activates, he also starts dealing a good amount of damage; Tapion (Hirudegarn) also has a very unique Transform mechanic and he is a category leader.

  • Pros

    Excellent tank
    Good DPS
    Category leader
  • Cons

    Poor links
    HP Restriction

How to get

Dokkan Awaken From Tapion (Hirudegarn) [Hero's Secret]

Stats

LvlHPATKDEF
12,8292,9801,770
1007,9238,3444,956

Hidden Potential

Additional RoutesHPATKDEF
Locked9,923
10,3446,956
Unlocked
(Max)
12,523
13,34410,356

Super ATK

Brave Sword Attack

Causes immense damage to enemy and lowers ATK

12 Ki MultiplierKi Meter
150%"bar"

Skills

Leader skill

"Giant" Category Ki +3 and HP & ATK & DEF +150% & transformations gain more time

Passive skill

Damage received reduced by 50%; When HP is 50% or below, ATK +150% & DEF +50% and once per match, when HP is 50% or below, the seal is undone (become Hirudegarn)

Link skill

Link SkillEffect
BrainiacsATK & DEF +10%
HeroDEF +20%
Experienced FightersATK +10%
RevivalKi +2
Fierce BattleATK +15%
TransformKi +2

Category

Strategies & Tips

Teams and Role

Tapion (Hirudegarn) can currently be used on Super AGL, “Resurrected Warriors” and “Giant”, his own team.

Super AGL

Tapion (Hirudegarn) does not really have a place on this team, he doesn’t link particularly well at all with any of the other units in the element and his only use would be in Super Battle Road. Tapion (Hirudegarn) is at best a floater on Super AGL, his ATK lowering mechanic goes pretty well with the best quality of the team, defense. When Tapion (Hirudegarn) transforms he will not benefit fully anymore from the Leader Skill since he becomes an Extreme AGL type, only getting 2 Ki from Unparalleled Super Saiyan Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta and struggling to Super Attack.

“Resurrected Warriors”

Tapion (Hirudegarn) can be an amazing tank on this team and the fact that Revival is a link he shares with the Leader, is nice, but if left on rotation with [Emperors True Splendor] Golden Frieza (Angel) he will receive a significant debuff and being on a team that receives a 170% DEF and 130% HP from the Leader Skill will actually make it harder for him to Transform and receive his 150% ATK boost. Tapion (Hirudegarn) should be a floater on this team or a main rotation unit paired with [Heros Mission] Tapion .

“Giant”

This is Tapion (Hirudegarn)’s category team, but it’s really a particularly good one; all the units share Transform a 2 Ki link, which is nice, but they are all pretty underwhelming. Tapion (Hirudegarn) is easily the best unit on his team and in the whole category, he should be put on both rotation and your focus should be to activate his Passive as soon as possible. The whole team will be able to transform four times per battle, which just turns out to be a slow and inefficient mechanic.

Super ATK

Tapion (Hirudegarn) has a very good Super Attack, immense damage, the ability to lower the enemy’s ATK by 20% and a 150% 12 Ki multiplier is worthy of a Dokkan Fest unit. Lowering the enemy’s ATK is an incredibly good mechanic and it’s very uncommon among Super type units.

Leader Skill

A balanced Leader Skill in terms of stats distribution,150% to all stats, but the category is really lacking in good units; the Leader Skill also doubles the amount of times a unit can transform, making it possible to transform up to four times.

Passive Skill

Tapion (Hirudegarn) will always reduce incoming damage by 50%, even more of a reduction than The Ultimate Android Super 17, a Dokkan Fest unit, and once per battle he will transform into [Hirudegarn]. While Transform Tapion (Hirudegarn) will Dodge all of the enemy’s attacks and when he will revert to his normal state he will receive a 150% ATK and a 50% DEF boost. The boosts he receives are incredibly good, but for the transformation to take place you will have to be below 50% of your total HP.

Link Skill

Links are pretty bad, only Revival for “Resurrected Warriors” and Transform for “Giant” are really notable

Best units to pair with

UnitExplanation
Passion for Peace Great Saiyaman
Passion for Peace Great Saiyaman
Great Saiyaman is a great support unit, he is always going to give Tapion (Hirudegarn) 2 Ki and activate “Brainiacs” with him; Great Saiyaman also has a 70% chance to add a 30% boost to both ATK and DEF.
[Heros Mission] Tapion
[Heros Mission] Tapion
Tapion and Tapion (Hirudegarn) are the best linking partners for each other; sharing “Revival” for 2 Ki and activating for each other “Brainiacs”, “Hero”, “Rival Duo”, “Experienced Fighters” and “Fierce Battle” for 45% ATK and 30% DEF. Both units are tanks and both of them lower the enemy’s ATK upon Super Attack.
[Saiyans Proof of Power] SS3 Bardock
[Saiyans Proof of Power] SS3 Bardock
SS3 Bardock does not share any Ki link with Tapion (Hirudegarn), but he can activate both “Experienced Fighters” and “Fierce Battle” when linked together with him; in addition to this, when Tapion (Hirudegarn)’s Passive will go off and he will turn back into his normal state, SS3 Bardock’s support Passive will also be active if they are together on rotation.

Hidden Potential

Best investment will always be lv.15 Critical and lv.11 Additional since Tapion (Hirudegarn) is an AGL type. The investment in the Potential System has no effect on the unit when Transform. Is Tapion (Hirudegarn) worth putting orbs into? It really depends, but most of the times I would suggest to save orbs unless you have a great amount at your dispose: Tapion (Hirudegarn) is not a bad unit, but so far there is not really a reason to heavily invest in him.

Should I use Elder Kais/Grand Kais?

Tapion (Hirudegarn), unlike [Heros Mission] Tapion , does not have a farmable Super Attack and, while he is meant to also be an offensive unit that can deal a lot of damage, so far I see no reason to max him out using Kais. The Super Attack Level is the only thing that will have an effect on [Hirudegarn] aside from the Leader Skill.

Comments

Commens and feedback

Recommend

Ranking

Comments (updated every hour)

sup bitches
Yes, the Great Ape has 50000 for each stat, no potential system buff is applied and obviously no ...
Just got the prerequisite card for this, he goes harder than mars blackmon for Jordan's.
> Go to the latest comments

QA

Another Game Site